Hanoi's death-vow soldiers carried tripod lunge mines to attack French tanks. In this photo, soldier Nguyen Van Thieng (alias Tran Thanh Thieng), born in 1927 in Hanoi, dies bravely in an attack on the French using a tripod mine in 1946.
Daily classes were regularly organized in the liberated zones during the anti-French resistance struggle.
Transmission and technical staff of the 'Voice of the South' radio service during the anti-French resistance struggle.
The 'Voice of the South' was established on 1 June 1946, initially broadcasting from the communal house of Tho Loc hamlet, Ton Dinh village (now Tinh Ha commune, Son Tinh district, Quang Ngai province). It began with a staff of about 20 people, including cadres, reporters, editors and broadcasters. News items were short, focusing on the war situation, and dissemination of the directives of the government led by President Ho Chi Minh. Its staff responded to wartime conditions by relocating regularly, turning the service into a highly mobile communication service.
Load-carrying bicycles used by supply brigade crews from Thanh Hoa province to transport provisions to the resistance forces during the Dien Bien Phu campaign, 1954.
The historic Dien Bien Phu victory, 7 May 1954.
President Ho Chi Minh granted badges for the soldiers who fought and won at Dien Bien Phu, May 1954.
Deputy Minister of Defense Ta Quang Buu, representative of the Delegation of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, signed the “Armistice Agreement in Indochina”, 21 July 1954.